Western Power Distribution is the company responsible for electricity distribution in the East & West Midlands, South Wales and the South West, we serve over 7.9 million customers.
Sometimes power cuts can happen for reasons beyond our control.
We realise that this can be particularly worrying for some of your patients if they rely on electricity for medical equipment or if they are elderly, very ill or disabled.
If patients join the FREE Priority Service Register, Western Power Distribution will:
- Provide a direct number to call in the event of a power cut so they can get straight through to them;
- Agree a password with them before we visit, so they feel safe;
- Provide special help, if needed, through the British Red Cross;
- Inform them about planned interruptions to their electricity supply;
- Keep them as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut.
Please find below five short animations which explain our service clearly and the multiple different reasons to join. We can also tailor the service which we provide for each customer.
To join the FREE Priority Service Register please click the following link: www.westernpower.co.uk/customers-and-community/priority-services
If you depend on medical equipment we can provide a specialised service to help them in the event of a power cut.
If you are hearing impaired we have alarms and contact methods that will help them in the event of a power or even a general enquiry.
We can offer a temporary sign up for any patients that may have difficulty lasting a few weeks.
We understand that communication can be testing at times, we offer multiple contact channels to help combat any fears our customer may have.
We can offer tools which will aid carers to check on their patients power supply and keep them informed of issues.