You may telephone the surgery for the results of any tests but please remember the following points:
- Results will only be given to the specific patient to whom they apply. In the interests of confidentiality please be prepared to identify yourself. Please do not telephone for results of friends or relatives without prior arrangement. (Written consent may be required)
- Test results and letters from local hospitals have to be checked by the doctor. Therefore, please telephone for results in the afternoon. Blood test and urine test results are usually available five days after the test. Most x-ray results are available 14 days after the test. The surgery tends to be at its quietest after 2.30pm and the receptionist will have more time to deal with your enquiry.
- You will need to know the specific test results that you may require. Some tests take longer than others to process. If you have had several tests then the receptionist will not know whether the results are unless you can identify them.
- Please do not expect the receptionists to have any medical knowledge. They are instructed only to tell you that the test is normal. If any test is abnormal or you require further discussion or interpretation then please refer to your doctor.
Our Practice Nurses are fully trained to deal with:
- The triage of colds, chest infections, diarrhoea, vomiting and urine infections
- Sore or blocked ears
- Sore throats
- Wound management
- Cervical Smears
- Childhood immunisations
- Pill checks
- Blood test
- Blood pressure checks
- The removal of stitches