Mission Statement / Statement Of Purpose
Dr H Masud
Dr H Qureshi
Dr M Aghel
Mrs Jill Towns
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 every registered provider must have a statement of purpose.
Our Statement of Purpose which includes a standard required set of information about our service and describes:
- The provider’s aims and objectives in providing the service.
- The kinds of service provided.
- The health or care needs the service sets out to meet.
- The location where the service is provided from.
- Details from the provider, including their legal status, manager including the “address for service” for all registered persons.
To enhance the health, well-being and lives of those we care for.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide our patients with high quality, accessible care in a safe, responsive and courteous manner.
Our Aims and Objectives
To: Provide a quality service:
By working within the NHS to provide the highest possible quality of care that meets the identified needs of our patients.
To: Respect our patients and staff:
By treating our patients and staff with courtesy, dignity and respect at all times. We will treat all fairly and be especially supportive to the vulnerable. We expect respect in return.
To: Involve our patient in decisions:
By a whole team approach in supporting our patients to help them make decisions to improve and maintain their health.
To: Promote best practice:
By using specialist expertise within the practice team and externally. We encourage the continuous education and professional development of all members of the practice team. We will adapt to change, build on our achievements and develop our services.
To: Be a caring practice:
By conveying compassion in word and action whilst assessing and responding to needs.
To: Work together as a team
By working as one flexible unit that enhances our colleagues’ ability to perform their roles.
To: Work with integrity:
By speaking and acting truthfully and being accountable for our actions.
To: Be a sustainable practice
By operating on a financially sound basis. Having as low an environmental impact with as reduced waste as possible.
The PMS services provided by our GPs are as defined under the Personal Medical Services Contract. These services are mainly split into three groups:
We provide essential services for people who have health conditions from which they are expected to recover, chronic disease management and general management of terminally ill patients. Our core services include:
- GP consultations (including telephone consultations)
- Asthma clinics
- Chronic obstructive airways disease clinics
- Coronary heart disease clinics
- Diabetes clinics
Our additional services include:
- Cervical cytology screening
- Contraceptive services
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services
- Vaccinations and immunisations
Our enhanced services include:
- Childhood vaccinations and immunisations
- Diabetes management
- Prostate cancer therapy
- Minor surgery
- Flu immunisation
Our practice also offers services including:
- Child health and development
- Ear wax and syringing
- End of life care
- Spirometry (lung tests)
- Medication review
- Pregnancy testing and contraceptive advice
- Stop smoking support
- Travel advice
- Women’s health
- Insurance claim forms
- Non NHS vaccinations
- Prescription for taking medicine abroad
- Private sick notes
- Taxi and HGV medicals
- Vaccination certificates